The coronavirus pandemic has changed life and work across the U.S. and beyond. Since March, home has a new meaning; it’s our office; our children’s classrooms and playground; our gym; and restaurant. Sterling Real Estate is open for business but the safety of our associates and our clients is priority #1. To that end, we’ve established a few guidelines for home buyers and sellers:
- We are happy to show you available properties in the greater Bloomington area. In addition to video tours on our website, we offer pre-recorded and real-time video walk-throughs.
- If sellers permit showings, we will meet you at the property wearing our masks and practicing social distancing . We’ll open the door, provide booties and masks, and remain outside while you tour the house. In-person tours are limited to no more than two people at a time.
The silver lining for buyers
- Historically low interest rates increase your buying power
- Fewer people in the market means less competition when making offers
- Sellers may be more flexible on pricing and timing
Springtime, traditionally, is the best time to sell a home. Despite the current environment, we are helping motivated sellers move forward. Because of COVID-19, we are adapting our services to the changing real estate environment.
- Sterling Real Estate is happy to meet with you, following safety measures to discuss the listing process. We’ll prepare a Comparative Market Analysis to help you understand the current market dynamics.
- We’ll do a walk-through of your home; take measurements; discuss the improvements you’ve made; and professionally photograph your home. Then we’ll be prepared to suggest a price range to market your home, as well as the cost associated with selling your home.
- We’ll take advantage of the latest technology to show your home through 3D and virtual tours as well as live or prerecorded video walk-throughs. With your approval, we will monitor and limit all physical showings to no more than two people at a time, practicing social distancing with masks and booties.